flink-dev mailing list archives

From Hilmi Yildirim <Hilmi.Yildi...@dfki.de>
Subject Re: Flink ML Vector and DenseVector
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:40:40 GMT
Hi,
how I explained it in a previous E-Mail, I need a LabeledVector where
the label is also a vector. After we discussed this issue, I created a
new class named LabeledSequenceVector with the labels as a Vector. In my
use case, I want to train a POS-Tagger system, so the "vector" is a
vector of strings and the "labels" is also a vector of strings. If I use
the Flink Vector/DenseVector implementation then the vector does only
have double values but I need String values.

Best Regards,
Hilmi

Am 18.01.2016 um 13:33 schrieb Chiwan Park:
> Hi Hilmi,
>
> In NLP, which types are used for vector values? I think we can cover typical case using
double values.

>> On Jan 18, 2016, at 9:19 PM, Hilmi Yildirim <Hilmi.Yildirim@dfki.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> the Vector and DenseVector implementations of Flink ML only allow Double values.
But there are cases where the values are not Doubles, e.g. in NLP. Does it make sense to make
the implementations generic, i.e. Vector[T] and DenseVector[T]?