flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Kashmar, Ali" <Ali.Kash...@emc.com>
Subject Task Parallelism in a Cluster
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:47:51 GMT
Hello,

I’m trying to wrap my head around task parallelism in a Flink cluster. Let’s say I have
a cluster of 3 nodes, each node offering 16 task slots, so in total I’d have 48 slots for
processing. Do the parallel instances of each task get distributed across the cluster or is
it possible that they all run on the same node? If they can all run on the same node, what
happens when that node crashes? Does the job manager recreate them using the remaining open
slots?

Thanks,
Ali