flink-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Junghanns <m.jungha...@mailbox.org>
Subject Serialization problem in CollectionEnvironment
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:20:10 GMT
Hi,

While building IT tests which extend MultipleProgramsTestBase, I
encountered a problem with serialization:

I posted a minimal example here:
https://gist.github.com/s1ck/566796df5f35ee1de6f9

This runs fine with LocalEnvironment. However, when executing this in
CollectionEnvironment, it leads to the following Exception:

Exception in thread "main" com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException:
Class cannot be created (missing no-arg constructor): java.util.UUID
Serialization trace:
uuid (ObjectInTuple$ID)
	at
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo$DefaultInstantiatorStrategy.newInstantiatorOf(Kryo.java:1228)

I tried to manually register a UUIDSerializer (which should not be
necessary as Flink has a dependency to such "default" serializers), but
this did not fix the problem.

What I don't understand in general is why the LocalEnvironment and the
CollectionEnvironment use different strategies (e.g. in serialization
and also in workflow execution).

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Martin