flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Flink 0.10.1 soon
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:44:25 GMT
If we find more bugs later on, we could have a 0.10.2, too.

+1 for quick bug fix release.

Question: should bug fix releases contain fixes for core components
only? I would have a fix for a bug in Storm compatibility -- not sure if
it should be included or not

-Matthias

On 11/20/2015 12:35 PM, Till Rohrmann wrote:
> The optimizer bug (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3052) should
> be fixed with https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/1388.
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Gyula Fóra <gyula.fora@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks guys,
>>
>> I understand your point and you are probably right, if this is a
>> lightweight process than the earlier the better :)
>>
>> Gyula
>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 11:34 AM Ufuk Celebi <uce@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Gyula,
>>>
>>> I understand your point, but we already have some important fixes for
>>> 0.10.1. It's fair to assume that we will find more issues in the future,
>>> but the bugfix releases have way less overhead than the major releases. I
>>> would still keep the ASAP schedule and would not wait longer (except for
>>> the case that the we find an important issue that we want fixed). We can
>>> always do a new bug fix release.
>>>
>>> – Ufuk

>>> all

>> almost

>> out.

>>> thats

>>> would
>> cases

>> rmetzger@apache.org>

>>> not

>>> Behaviour
>> dependency

>> the

>>> 0.10,

PRs

<

Will do
<

as a bugfix

to master

Hadoop 2.7.1
>>> (HDP),
in RESTARTING
>>> state
for streaming
for Kafka

HBase Kerberos
>>> TimestampExtractor.getCurrentWatermark()
address
>> ZkClient
work on YARN

Celebi <

> [...]