flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] flink-external
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 02:25:10 GMT
Hi,

I updated the flink-external section on the Flink Web-Page:
https://github.com/mjsax/flink-web/tree/flink-external-page

The section is now located in "Contribute" page. The layout needs some
refinement though... Some Project are "previews", ie, Flink support was
announced but there is not information on the according project web
pages. We might want to reach out to those people to see if we should
include those project already or just add them later on.

Please give feedback.

-Matthias

On 10/09/2015 03:34 PM, Maximilian Michels wrote:
> Yes, Community is a better place. You can also add the Dataflow Runner
> https://github.com/dataArtisans/flink-dataflow.
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Vasiliki Kalavri
> <vasilikikalavri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you Matthias!
>>
>> I'm not sure where the "Downloads" section is the right place for this.
>> I would actually put it under "Community", with a header "External
>> Contributions" or something like this, but I'm not feeling strong about
>> this :)
>>
>> -Vasia.
>>

>> On 9 October 2015 at 15:29, Matthias J. Sax <mjsax@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I was not sure what we should add and was hoping for input from the
>>> community.
>>>
>>> I am aware of the following projects we might want to add:
>>>
>>>   - Zeppelin
>>>   - SAMOA
>>>   - Mahout
>>>   - Cascading (dataartisan repo)
>>>   - BigPetStore
>>>   - Gradoop
>>>

>>> -Matthias

>>> extensions, or examples) build for Flink. The Flink community only collects
>>> links to those packages but does not maintain them. Thus, they do not
>>> belong to the Apache Flink project and the community cannot give any
>>> support for them.

>>> we might remove listed packages without notice.

>>> like Spark Packages [1] would be helpful to manage external contribution.

>>> module
>>> (there
>>> module
This make