flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] flink-external
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 12:29:16 GMT
Hi,

I just started this. Please see
https://github.com/mjsax/flink-web/tree/flink-external-page

I think, it is the best way to extend the "Downloads" page. I would also
add a link to this on the main page's "Getting Started" section.

As a first try, I started like this:
> Third party packages
>
> This is a list of third party packages (ie, libraries, system extensions, or examples)
build for Flink. The Flink community only collects links to those packages but does not maintain
them. Thus, they do not belong to the Apache Flink project and the community cannot give any
support for them.
> Package Name
>
> Available for Flink 0.8.x and 0.9.x
>
> Short description
>
> Please let us know, if we missed to list your package. Be aware, that we might remove
listed packages without notice.

Can you please give me some input, what projects I should add initially?

-Matthias

On 10/08/2015 04:03 PM, Maximilian Michels wrote:
> IMHO we can do that. There should be a disclaimer that the third party
> software is not officially supported.
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Matthias J. Sax <mjsax@apache.org> wrote:
>> Should we add a new page at Flink project web page?
>>
>> On 10/08/2015 12:56 PM, Maximilian Michels wrote:
>>> +1 for your pragmatic approach, Vasia. A simple collection of third
>>> party software using Flink should be enough for now; of course,
>>> outside the Apache realm.

Spark Packages [1] would be helpful to manage external contribution.

The

It is hard