flink-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Goel <sachingoel0...@gmail.com>
Subject Scala Utils
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 13:38:25 GMT
Hi all

Currently, to use the Scala Data Set utility functions, one needs to import
import org.apache.flink.api.scala.DataSetUtils.utilsToDataSet

This is counter-intuitive, extra complicated and should be more in sync
with how Java utils are imported. I propose a package object which can
allow importing utils like
import org.apache.flink.api.scala.utils._

Since this will likely break existing code, I'm seeking opinion whether
this should be done or not. If yes, I will file a JIRA and submit a patch.

Regards
Sachin

-- Sachin Goel
Computer Science, IIT Delhi