flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE][CANCEL] Release Apache Flink 0.10.0-milestone-1 (RC1)
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 09:15:54 GMT
RC1 has a few issues that need to be resolved before we can continue with
the release.

- .git folder contained in source release
- start/stop script fail in paths with spaces (FLINK-2756)
- several test fail when building on Windows (FLINK-2757, FLINK-2758,
FLINK-2759)
- webclient upload bug (Fix is already available, thx Matthias!)

Ufuk proposed to fork of the next RC from the current master which has
evolved quite a bit from the current release branch. If nobody objects,
I'll do that.
Would be good to have a few helping hands to fix the above issues.

Cheers, Fabian

> We need a new RC anyways.
>
> I am OK with building the next RC on the current master.
> What do others think?
>
> I'll cancel the VOTE thread in the meantime.

>> Hey Fabian,
>>
>> nice to see you taking care of this.
>>
>> I was wondering whether it makes sense to let the milestone branch catch
>> up with the current master as it contains many small fixes by now.
>>
>> You will have a better understanding of this. But as far as I can tell
>> the only big recent change we wanted to keep out of the milestone was the
>> leader  election code. The standalone (essentially deactivated) case is
>> stable and it should be OK to include that as well.
>>
>> What’s your opinion on this?
>>
>> – Ufuk
>>
>> > On 24 Sep 2015, at 12:39, Fabian Hueske <fhueske@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I found more issues with the release:
>> >
>> > - start/stop scripts do not work if the path contains spaces
>> (FLINK-2756)
>> > - several tests fail when building Flink in Cygwin on Windows
>> (FLINK-2757,
>> > FLINK-2758, FLINK-2759)
>> >
>> > The following checks passed:
>> > - Building Flink without tests in Cygwin on Windows
>> > - Starting and stopping a local Flink instance from Windows CMD with
>> > ./bin/start-local.bat
>> > - Executing all example programs with their build-in data from Windows
>> CMD
>> > using ./bin/flink.bat

>> directory.

RCs