flink-dev mailing list archives

From "wangzhijiang999" <wangzhijiang...@aliyun.com>
Subject netty channel for data transfer
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:10:09 GMT
As I know, each TaskManager has NettyConnectionManager component and  all the tasks in the
TaskManager will user  that to transfer data. In the PartitionRequestClientFactory, the nettyClient
will make a connection based on connectionId, and the connectionId consists of socketAddress
and connectionIndex of IntermediateResult. That means for different IntermediateResult, it
will create different connection to transfer data in the same TaskManager. I am wondering
why can not use the same channel for different intermediateResult to transfer data. Are there
any issues?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Best wishes,
Zhijiang Wang