flink-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Read 727 gz files ()
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:35:30 GMT
I think the error is pretty much exactly in the stack trace:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/data/4/hadoop/tmp/flink-io-0e2460bf-964b-4883-8eee-12869b9476ab/
995a38a2c92536383d0057e3482999a9.000329.channel
(Too many open files in system)




On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Felix Neutatz <neutatz@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to do some simple aggregations on 727 gz files (68 GB total) from
> HDFS. See code here:
>
>
> https://github.com/FelixNeutatz/wikiTrends/blob/master/extraction/src/main/scala/io/sanfran/wikiTrends/extraction/flink/Stats.scala
>
> We are using a Flink-0.9 SNAPSHOT.
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.Exception: The data preparation for task
> 'Reduce(Reduce at
>
> org.apache.flink.api.scala.GroupedDataSet.reduce(GroupedDataSet.scala:293))'
> , caused an e
> rror: Error obtaining the sorted input: Thread 'SortMerger spilling thread'
> terminated due to an exception: Channel to path
> '/data/4/hadoop/tmp/flink-io-0e2460bf-964b-488
> 3-8eee-12869b9476ab/995a38a2c92536383d0057e3482999a9.000329.channel' could
> not be opened.
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.run(RegularPactTask.java:471)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.invoke(RegularPactTask.java:362)
>         at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:559)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:853)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error obtaining the sorted input:
> Thread 'SortMerger spilling thread' terminated due to an exception: Channel
> to path '/data/4/hado
>
> op/tmp/flink-io-0e2460bf-964b-4883-8eee-12869b9476ab/995a38a2c92536383d0057e3482999a9.000329.channel'
> could not be opened.
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.sort.UnilateralSortMerger.getIterator(UnilateralSortMerger.java:607)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.getInput(RegularPactTask.java:1145)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.ReduceDriver.prepare(ReduceDriver.java:93)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.run(RegularPactTask.java:466)
>         ... 3 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Thread 'SortMerger spilling thread'
> terminated due to an exception: Channel to path
> '/data/4/hadoop/tmp/flink-io-0e2460bf-964b-4883-8eee-1
> 2869b9476ab/995a38a2c92536383d0057e3482999a9.000329.channel' could not be
> opened.
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.sort.UnilateralSortMerger$ThreadBase.run(UnilateralSortMerger.java:784)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Channel to path
>
> '/data/4/hadoop/tmp/flink-io-0e2460bf-964b-4883-8eee-12869b9476ab/995a38a2c92536383d0057e3482999a9.000329.channel'
> could n
> ot be opened.
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.io.disk.iomanager.AbstractFileIOChannel.<init>(AbstractFileIOChannel.java:61)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.io.disk.iomanager.AsynchronousFileIOChannel.<init>(AsynchronousFileIOChannel.java:86)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.io.disk.iomanager.AsynchronousBlockWriterWithCallback.<init>(AsynchronousBlockWriterWithCallback.java:42)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.io.disk.iomanager.AsynchronousBlockWriter.<init>(AsynchronousBlockWriter.java:44)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.io.disk.iomanager.IOManagerAsync.createBlockChannelWriter(IOManagerAsync.java:195)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.io.disk.iomanager.IOManager.createBlockChannelWriter(IOManager.java:218)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.sort.UnilateralSortMerger$SpillingThread.go(UnilateralSortMerger.java:1318)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.sort.UnilateralSortMerger$ThreadBase.run(UnilateralSortMerger.java:781)
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>
> /data/4/hadoop/tmp/flink-io-0e2460bf-964b-4883-8eee-12869b9476ab/995a38a2c92536383d0057e3482999a9.000329.channel
> (Too many open
> files in system)
>         at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:252)
>         at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:133)
>         at
>
> org.apache.flink.runtime.io.disk.iomanager.AbstractFileIOChannel.<init>(AbstractFileIOChannel.java:57)
>         ... 7 more
>
> Best regards,
> Felix
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message