flink-dev mailing list archives

From Andra Lungu <lungu.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Theoretical complexity of a coGroup
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 08:56:41 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am not 100% sure about this one, so I thought that I could set my
thoughts straight via the mailing list.

Here's the use case. You coGroup a data set of vertices with a data set of
edges. That gives you a complexity of* O(|V| * |E|)*, where |V| is the
total number of vertices and |E| the total number of edges. You however do
a vertex value update in the coGroup function. Say you intersect some hash
sets and assign that value to the vertices. Does that give you an extra
O(|V|) [making the total O(|V|^2*|E|)] or is that covered by the initial
O(|V|*|E|)? I guess this has to do with the way a coGroup is internally
built...

Thanks a lot!
Andra