flink-dev mailing list archives

From Kostas Tzoumas <ktzou...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Student looking to contribute to Stratosphere
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:14:50 GMT
Hi Rohit,

If you are just working on your laptop, I personally find it much easier to
work without Hadoop and use the local file system or just Java collections
for testing and trying out ideas.

When you move to a cluster, it is common to use a Hadoop installation to
store large files in HDFS. There, you can run Flink jobs using Flink's YARN
mode.

Kostas