flink-dev mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <c.schep...@web.de>
Subject Re: Types in the Python API
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 20:21:05 GMT
To be perfectly honest i never really managed to work my way through
Spark's python API, it's a whole bunch of magic to me; not even the
general structure is understandable.

With "pure python" do you mean doing everything in python? as in just
having serialized data on the java side?

I believe the way to do this with Flink is to add a switch that
a) disables all type checks
b) creates serializers dynamically at runtime.

a) should be fairly straight forward, b) on the other hand....

btw., the Python API itself doesn't require the type information, it
already does the b part.