flink-dev mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing Apache Flink 0.9.0-rc2
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:17:41 GMT
So, during my testing of the state checkpointing on a cluster I discovered
several things (bugs and features):

 - If you have a setup where the configuration is not synced to the workers
they do not pick up the state back-end configuration. The workers do not
respect the setting in the flink-cont.yaml on the master
- HDFS checkpointing works fine if you manually set it as the per-job
state-backend using setStateHandleProvider()
- If you manually set the stateHandleProvider to a "file://" backend, old
checkpoints will not be cleaned up, they will also not be cleaned up when a
job is finished.