flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Is there Any api that let DataStream join DataSet ?
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 09:28:43 GMT
I am wondering what the semantics of a DataStream created from a file
is. It should be a regular (but finite) stream. From my understanding, a
Window-Join is defined with some ts-constraint. So the static file part
will also have this restriction in the join, right? However, a
file-stream-join should join *all* data from the file with each element
in the stream... It seems to me, that a file-DataStream would not yield
this result. Am I wrong?