flink-dev mailing list archives

From Pieter-Jan Van Aeken <pieterjan.vanae...@euranova.eu>
Subject GSA based on edge direction
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 06:07:23 GMT
Hi,

I would first like to do a Gather-Sum-Apply iteration where gather
collects data from incoming edges and their connected node, and in a
second step I would like to do a GSA iteration in the opposite
direction. I have already done this using vertex-centric iterations
and it works, but since GSA is distributed across edges in stead of
vertices, I would like to reimplement the same algorithm using GSA.
This raised two questions:

1. Is the GSA iteration by default only gathering from incoming
edge/node pairs? If so, then a valid approach would probably be

graph.run(gsa-incoming)
graph.reverse()
graph.run(gsa-outgoing)

 ​2. If not, is there some option I can configure to achieve the
same result?

Regards,

Pieter-Jan Van Aeken