flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing Apache Flink 0.9.0-rc1
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:07:10 GMT
Hey Gyula, Max,

On 10 Jun 2015, at 10:54, Gyula Fóra <gyula.fora@gmail.com> wrote:

> This feature needs to be included in the release, it has been tested and
> used extensively. And many applciations depend on it.

It would be nice to announce/discuss this before just cherry-picking it into the release branch.
The issue is that no one (except you) knows that this is important. Let's just make sure to
do this for future fixes.

Having said that... it seems to be an important fix. Does someone have time (looking at Aljoscha
;)) to review the changes?

> Maximilian Michels <mxm@apache.org> ezt írta (időpont: 2015. jún. 10., Sze,
> 10:47):
>
>> With all the issues discovered, it looks like we'll have another release
>> candidate. Right now, we have discovered the following problems:
>>
>> 1 YARN ITCase fails [fixed via 2eb5cfe]
>> 2 No Jar for SessionWindowing example [fixed in #809]
>> 3 Wrong description of the input format for the graph examples (eg.
>> ConnectedComponents) [fixed in #809]
>> 4 TaskManagerFailsWithSlotSharingITCase fails
>> 5 ComplexIntegrationTest.complexIntegrationTest1() (FLINK-2192) fails

Can we verify that the tests are defect and not the tested component? ;) Otherwise, I would
not block the release on flakey tests.

>> 6 Submitting KMeans example to Web Submission Client does not work on
>> Firefox.
>> 7 Zooming is buggy in Web Submission Client (Firefox)
>> Do we have someone familiar with the web interface who could take a look at
>> the Firefox issues?

If not, I would not block the release on this.