flink-dev mailing list archives

From Maximilian Michels <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: difference between reducefunction and GroupReduceFunction
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 08:03:26 GMT
Like you said, it depends on the use case. The GroupReduceFunction is a
generalization of the traditional reduce. Thus, it is more powerful.
However, it is also executed differently; a GroupReduceFunction requires
the whole group to be materialized and passed at once. If your program
doesn't require that, use the normal reduce function.