flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQL on Flink
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 19:52:52 GMT
Hi,

Flink's Table API is pretty close to what SQL provides. IMO, the best
approach would be to leverage that and build a SQL parser (maybe together
with a logical optimizer) on top of the Table API. Parser (and optimizer)
could be built using Apache Calcite which is providing exactly this.

Since the Table API is still a fairly new component and not very feature
rich, it might make sense to extend and strengthen it before putting
something major on top.

Cheers, Fabian