flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quickstart build - Fat Jar is empty
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 09:05:29 GMT

On 10 Apr 2015, at 10:56, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org> wrote:

> The issue only appears when the user code is in the "org.apache.flink"
> group.
> The quickstart.sh script (
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/flink/master/flink-quickstart/quickstart.sh)
> is calling archetype:generate with preconfigured values, and we set the
> groupid to "org.apache.flink".
>
> By changing the quickstart.sh scripts (something we can do without
> releasing) we can mitigate the issue easily.

Ah yes, the quickstart scripts are in master. In this case, this comes in handy, but in general
I find it confusing:

When I go to the SNAPSHOT docs and look at the quickstart page I actually get the latest stable
quickstart.

If others agree (+1s in this thread are welcome ;)), I'll open a JIRA and fix it.

– Ufuk