flink-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Change semantics of print() to "eager"
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 08:59:53 GMT
I think this is the 3rd discussion about this ;-)

AFAIK, the consensus in previous discussions was to do it exactly like
collect() and print to the client.

The only open question was how do we deal with the break in the API. Right
now, the programs contain a "execute()" call after the print(), which would
then throw an exception because there is nothing to be executed that was
not already part of the print().