flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Replace user@f.a.o with Stackoverflow
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:12:35 GMT
I think the mailinglists are indexed by Google as well, through various web
based mirrors.

SO is good for questions with clear answers, but if a user wants more
interactive feedback (with questions back and forth) the user@ list is
probably better.
Also, people which are experienced with Apache projects are probably
expecting a user@ list.

I think our current approach of having both will lead to the best user
experience: Everybody can use what they like the most.

Regarding the Hashjoin exception: Stephan can ask and answer the question
himself on SO. Thats a nice way of collecting some points ;)