flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Change semantics of print() to "eager"
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:49:42 GMT
Why aren't we adding a new method "printLocal()" which is doing the local
printing?
That would not break any existing code.

How much work would it be to implement this "properly" without piggybacking
the accumulators?
I assume we would need to write the data to one or more partitions and
request the partitions from the client JVM.
I also assume that we have the code in place now to do it like this.