flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Canceling a Cluster Job from Java
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 10:27:43 GMT
Hi Matthias,

I think there is no utility method right now to cancel a running job. I'll
file a JIRA for this.

Have a look at how the CLI frontend is cancelling a job:
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/6b0d40764da9dce2e2d21882e9a03a21c6783ff0/flink-clients/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/client/CliFrontend.java#L518

This is where the message is send:

ActorRef jobManager = getJobManager(options);
> Future<Object> response = Patterns.ask(jobManager, new CancelJob(jobId),
> new Timeout(askTimeout));

Let me know if this approach is not working for you.