flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quickstart build - Fat Jar is empty
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 22:23:43 GMT
On 09 Apr 2015, at 23:22, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe we should just do quick patch release on 0.8.x branch to fix this, Robert?

Is there a reason, why the fix has not been back ported to 0.8? As you said, the fat jar gets
very big, but that is still better than empty.

I am in favour of this. Big +1.

1) This is not the first time a user has run into this
2) It makes for a very bad first time experience using the system and defeats the purpose
of a quickstart
3) It's not a lot of work to get the vote started and the RC would not need a lot of testing

I know we are currently voting on the 0.9.0-milestone-1 release, but since it is not an official
stable release, I can see people sticking to 0.8. I think we don't even plan to link to the
milestone release as the primary download.

– Ufuk