flink-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject "Validate" (commons) versus "checkArgument" (guava)
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 14:05:18 GMT
Different parts of the code currently use different utilities to validate
the arguments.

  - Some parts use Guava (checkNotNull, checkArgument)
  - Other parts use Validate from Apache commons-lang(3).

How about we use one consistently, at least for all new code additions?

In choosing one, I have a slight bias towards Guava, which has more/nicer
methods and seems more popular in other projects (I have no source to back
this up, it is a gut feeling from what I have seen in other projects that I
looked into)

Greetings,
Stephan