flink-dev mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] In the DataExchangeMode.BATCH how does the consumer being notified to start consumer the data?
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:34:13 GMT
Hey Henry,

1) There is no extra message, but this is piggy backed with the finished
state transition (see Execution#markAsFinished). There it is essentially
the same mechanism.

2) It's part of my plan for this week to add  documentation for exactly
this flow of RPC messages related to the runtime results.

– Ufuk