flink-dev mailing list archives

From Maximilian Michels <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Submitting small PRs rather than massive ones
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:27:20 GMT
I agree with you, Henry. Reviewing hundreds of changes class files is a
difficult and a nearly impossible task to do exhaustive.

However, splitting up pull requests also has some drawbacks. For example,
discussions and comments are also split up and harder to keep up with.
Also, pull requests might depend on other pull requests.

Therefore, I would advise to make use of Gits power and split up pull
requests into as many logical commits as possible. Individual commits can
be reviewed just like individual pull requests. The advantage being that
they can build on each other.

Max