flink-dev mailing list archives

From Maximilian Michels <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Overview of Memory Management in Flink
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:01:51 GMT
We should have all parts of Flink documented that well. Very nice overview,
Stephan!

Two comments:

Considering the lazy memory segment allocation. Besides, the problem of
initial garbage collection of these dynamically allocated segments,
wouldn't it also have the disadvantage that we could not guarantee a fixed
amount of memory? How would we check that the user memory does not take
away the managed memory?

I would add a note to why java.misc.Unsafe is faster for longs. I would
guess because of the coding of the long (little or big endian).

Best,
Max