flink-dev mailing list archives

From Yi ZHOU <zhouyi0...@hotmail.com>
Subject Affinity propagation for Gelly
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:37:39 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am working on  affinity propagation implementation for Gelly (FLINK
1707 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1707>).    The
algorithm passes messages between every pair of vertices (NOT every pair
of connected vertices) in each iteration with computation complexity
(N²*Iter), it has a memory complexity of O(N²) also. So I believe  the
algorithm will suffer from large communication complexity, no matter how
we distribute the graph into different machines. The simple fact is that
the algorithm passing two kinds of message on a complement graph. I see
some similar discussion in SPARK
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5832>

I found an adaptive implementation on hadoop, It runs affinity
appropagation on the  subgraphs , then merges  these clusters into
larger ones.
http://www.ijeee.net/uploadfile/2014/0807/20140807114023665.pdf . It is
not equal to the original algorithm. So,does any one know another
distributed version or have any suggestions?

ZHOU Yi