flink-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Subject Question about Infinite Streaming Job on Mini Cluster and ITCase
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 21:07:25 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run an infinite streaming job (ie, one that does not
terminate because it is generating output date randomly on the fly). I
kill this job with .stop() or .shutdown() method of
ForkableFlinkMiniCluster.

I did not find any example using a similar setup. In the provided
examples, each job terminate automatically, because only a finite input
is processed and the source returns after all data is emitted.

I have multiple question about my setup:

 1) The job never terminates "clean", ie, I get some exceptions. Is this
behavior desired?

 2) Is it possible to get a result back? Similar to
JobClient.submitJobAndWait(...)?

 3) Is it somehow possible, to send a signal to the running job such
that the source can terminate regularly as if finite input would be
processed? Right now, I use an while(running) loop and set 'running' to
false in the .cancel() method.

Thanks for your help!

-Matthias