flink-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.8.1 (RC1)
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2015 18:00:57 GMT
The release is good, except for the fact that the standalone plan
visualizer tool is broken.

Since this is the first test, I would actually like to stop the vote and
fix the release, it is a minor issue, I'll open a pull request immediately.
I am not adamant on this, though, because it affects only a minor util, not
a core component of the system. If the majority votes to proceed, I am
okay.

Verified the following:

 - All versions are correct
 - No binaries in the release
 - License headers are good
 - Verified that LICENSE and NOTICE files reflect the source and binary
dependencies accordingly
 - Readme looks good, URLs refer to post-graduation website
 - code compiles, all tests pass
 - ran examples in local mode
 - ran examples in a local 2 node cluster
 - checked plan visualizer standalone
 - checked plan visualizer web frontend
 - validated log output - no error messages encountered

Minor issues:
 - directory with examples contains the
"flink-java-examples-0.8.1-javadoc.jar" file
 - Web server logs about "Nephele"