flink-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting fail test at BlobUtilsTest.testExceptionOnCreateStorageDirectoryFailure from master
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:39:20 GMT
How about construct a Flink test directory under directory specified
under "java.io.tmpdir" and change the permission to not allow create
new directory.
Then the BlobUtilsTest.testExceptionOnCreateStorageDirectoryFailure
test is set to try create "cannot-create-this" under this directory.

Something like:
1. Create /tmp/flink-blob-test-dir at @BeforeClass
2. Change permission to not able to write in here.
3. Try to create Blob store at  /tmp/flink-blob-test-dir/cannot-create-this
4. Throw exception
5. Clean up flink-blob-test-dir

- Henry

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
> Do you have a good idea to fix this?
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I filed an issue to track this: FLINK-1542
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Henry Saputra <henry.saputra@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Looks like my user role is "admin" at my macbook so I am able to
>> > create directory at "/cannot-create-this".
>> >
>> > We should modify this test to cover this scenario. Assumption that you
>> > cannot create something with default setting probably not a good test.
>> >
>> > - Henry

>> case.

Expected