flink-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Discourage using the same class names even though in different packages
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 00:24:30 GMT
Hi All,

I am seeing some same class names, even though in different package
names, that could confuse new contributors. One of the attractiveness
of Spark that it is the code structure is simple to follow than Hadoop
(or Hive for that matter).

For example we have IntermediateResultPartition in both partition and
executiongraph packages, which both are under runtime parent package.
To make it more difficult, some of these duplicate classes have no
Javadoc or comment why the class exist and how does it relates to
other existing code, one has to trace the code and figure out where
the code is used and how it is impacting or differ the others existing
classes.

I  would like to propose the "no duplicate class name if possible"
(which I know is possible) in the how to contribute code guide.

- Henry