flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting of fields
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 13:55:15 GMT
I just merged support for local output sorting yesterday :-)
This allows to sort the data before it is given to the OutputFormat.

It is done like this:
myData.write(myOF).sortLocalOutput(1, Order.ASCENDING);

See the programming guide for details (only in master, not online).

Full sorting can be done with a DOP=1 data sink.
Full parallel sorting is not supported yet (requires range partitioning and
data stats for good partitioning bins).

Best, Fabian