flink-dev mailing list archives

From Nico Scherer <j...@live.de>
Subject Question about scheduling in 0.7
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:21:50 GMT
Hi all,

we’re currently playing/messing around with scheduling in flink 0.7. We found out that if
we run a single job with a certain degree of parallelism, multiple tasks/vertices are executed
within a single task manager at the same time (or at least before the prior stage is switched
to finished). Further, we noticed that only as many flink instances are requested as the DoP
is set and different stages are running in the same slot. We’re wondering how this is implemented?
Is a single slot using threading to execute multiple tasks at once?

Regards,

Nico