flink-dev mailing list archives

From Nam-Luc Tran <namluc.t...@euranova.eu>
Subject Stale Synchronous Parallel iterations in Flink
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:27:38 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I am Nam-Luc Tran, research Engineer at EURA NOVA [1]. Our research
subjects cover distributed machine learning and we have been working
on dataflow graph processing for a while now. We have been reading
from you since Stratosphere :-)

Our current research focuses on Stale Synchronous Parallelism and we
are currently considering Apache Flink as a good candidate for
implementing and delivering the best results among the existing
processing solutions. I have written a post about it here:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/stale-synchronous-parallelism-new-frontier-apache-flink-nam-luc-tran

What do you guys think about the approach? Does it seem feasible, or
do you have anything similar in your roadmap?

Best regards,

Tran Nam-Luc

Links:
------