flink-dev mailing list archives

From Paris Carbone <par...@kth.se>
Subject [streaming] Regarding loops in the job graph
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:57:35 GMT
Hello,

While implementing the SAMOA adapter for Flink-Streaming we stumbled upon the need to allow
loops (or circular dependencies) in the job graph. Many incremental machine learning tasks
define loops already  and there is no trivial way of getting around it. In the streaming job
graph builder there is only a check that does not allow the user to submit graphs with loops,
however, from what Gyula told me, if the check is removed the streaming job runs as expected.
Is there (still) a major reason for having this check, at least in the streaming component?

Paris