flink-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separation Between Scala and Java TypeExtractor
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 10:04:03 GMT
Some questions to understand that better:

 - When can the Scala type extractor not determine the same than the Java
one? What additional cases could the Java Type Extractor find?

 - How do you distinguish between a Java-created and a Scala-created class?

 - Does it make sense to use the same logic for both, i.e. in Java we give
it the "Class" or "Parameterized Type", in Scala we give it the "ClassTag"
or list of class tags for all generics?

Stephan