flink-dev mailing list archives

From Márton Balassi <balassi.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [streaming] Regarding loops in the job graph
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:15:49 GMT
As far as I remember when we were implementing the iteration for streaming
we deliberately "went off" the jobgraph and implemented the backward edge
as an in-memory hook (practically the same in batch but not blocking in the
backward channel).

When we asked the reasoning here on the dev list we got some reasoning for
keeping the check for the DAG property of the Jobgraph, but I could not
find the thread now.