flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Master not building and how to notice it faster in the future
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:57:33 GMT
Hi,

it seems that our master is currently not building. See:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/flink/jobs/47689754

We need to come up with a good solution to notify dev@flink when builds on
Travis are failing.

We also had unstable builds recently due to too short akka timeouts and it
took some time to realize that.

Usually, travis has a pretty good email notification system, but thats not
working for us because the repository is owned by the "apache" github user.
I think only users with admin permissions at "apache/flink" are notified by
email from travis.

There are certainly ways to fix this. Right now, the best approach is
probably setting up a REST 2 e-mail service somewhere which is mailing to
our dev@ list (
http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/notifications/#Webhook-notification).

Robert