flink-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Alexandrov <alexander.s.alexand...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: TypeSerializerInputFormat cannot determine its type automatically
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:54:39 GMT
The problem seems to be that the reflection analysis cannot determine the
type of the TypeSerializerInputFormat.

One possible solution is to add the ResultTypeQueryable interface and force
clients to explicitly set the TypeInformation.

This might break code which relies on automatic type inference, but at the
moment I cannot find any other usages of the TypeSerializerInputFormat
except from the unit test.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Alexandrov <alexander.s.alexandrov@gmail.com>
Date: 2015-01-29 12:04 GMT+01:00
Subject: TypeSerializerInputFormat cannot determine its type automatically
To: user@flink.apache.org

I am trying to use the TypeSerializer IO formats to write temp data to
disk. A gist with a minimal example can be found here:

https://gist.github.com/aalexandrov/90bf21f66bf604676f37

However, with the current setting I get the following error with the
TypeSerializerInputFormat:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.flink.api.common.InvalidProgramException: The type returned by
the input format could not be automatically determined. Please specify the
TypeInformation of the produced type explicitly.
    at
org.apache.flink.api.java.ExecutionEnvironment.readFile(ExecutionEnvironment.java:341)
    at SerializedFormatExample$.main(SerializedFormatExample.scala:48)
    at SerializedFormatExample.main(SerializedFormatExample.scala)
    at
    at
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:134)

I think that the typeInformation instance at line 43 should be somehow
passed to the TypeSerializerInputFormat, but I cannot find a way to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
A.