flink-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding non-core API features to Flink
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2015 10:15:17 GMT
Hi all,

we got a few contribution requests lately to add cool but "non-core"
features to our API.
In previous discussions, concerns were raised to not bloat the APIs with
too many "shortcut", "syntactic sugar", or special-case features.

Instead we could setup a place to add Input/OutputFormats, common
operations, etc. which does not need as much control as the core APIs. Open
questions are:
- How do we organize it? (top-level maven module, modules in flink-java,
flink-scala, java packages in the API modules, ...)
- How do we name it? flink-utils, flink-packages, ...

Any opinions on this?

Cheers, Fabian