flink-dev mailing list archives

From Vikas Mishra <vikasmishr...@gmail.com>
Subject Hello from a new contributor!
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:41:57 GMT
Hi all,
        I'm Vikas Mishra a undergrad student from India and I just wanted
to introduce myself to the community since I want to start contributing. I
have been contributing to many open source projects and most of them have
been in Python but I don't mind working in Java as well.  I was also a
Google Summer of Code 2014 student for OSGeo, but I have always wanted to
try my hands on Big data/Data science and have been reading about projects
on the same, and came to know about Flink/Stratosphere. I liked it a lot
and would now love to start contributing to the project.

It would really help a lot if anyone of the developers can mentor me and
point me to some HOWTO's or getting started pages and suggest some first
bug for me to start.

I hope to meet some really great people here and am looking forward to a
great learning experience here at Flink.

Vikas Mishra
MSc(Hons) Economics + B.E. Electronics and Electrical Engineering
*Birla Institute of Technology & Science,* Pilani
KK Birla Goa Campus
8412898899|vikasmishra95@gmail.com