flink-dev mailing list archives

From Márton Balassi <balassi.mar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forking off the 0.8 release branch.
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:38:17 GMT
+1 on quickstart, I'm having a look at it tomorrow.

Robert also pointed out the the DISCLAIMER file (for incubation, currently
also added to the distribution) is no longer needed neither on the master
nor on the release branch. Other minor things in the repo regarding the
graduation:

  * Eliminating the incubating subscript from the project version
  * Updating the the docs (mostly mentioned in variables, sometimes in
since given version that should not be changed)
  * Updating the quickstart scripts (more related to simply releasing)

I'm deleting the DISCLAIMER from the repo and the assemblies, bumping the
version and updating the parts of the docs that can be done prior to the
release.

As for the state of the relese: With the help of Robert I have acquired the
necessary knowledge and set up the tools needed for the release. I have
still minor issues with maven, but I'm confident that the solution is near.
I also fell motivated to write down my experiences in a documentation to
spare some time for up and coming release managers.

Best,

Marton

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org>
wrote:

> +1
>
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I vote to make this issue a release blocker:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1225
> > Two users ran into the issue within 2 days. The quickstart is mean to
> give
> > new users a good experience.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I forked a branch "release-0.8" and bumped the master version to
> >> "0.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT".
> >>
> >> The closure cleaner is merged. Robert has opened a PR for Kryo - I would
> >> suggest to merge that to "master", cherry-pick to "release-0.8" and
> then:
> >> Merry releasing!
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >> Stephan
> >>

> >> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Márton Balassi <
> balassi.marton@gmail.com>

> >> do

> support, I
> testing
> >> is

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-flink.git;a=commit;h=51c1f67791307c2b9355171f7398d104befc8de5

> good

> than

> the

> rmetzger@apache.org

> really

> >> going

> sewen@apache.org>

API is not

> >> fhueske@gmail.com>

postpone this for
> the

> the
have implications
> >> that

> >> introduce

Ewen <
> sewen@apache.org

Krettek" <

0.8 as well?

Márton Balassi
wrote:
> [...]
AM, Stephan Ewen <

now, Timo made some final
merge it now, then we can fork
> the

PM, Márton Balassi <

by Stephan it seems every import
> >> one
ones the following two are
> >> still

Interfaces, Abstract
> Classes as

TypeHints for Java API operators

PR and Timo has just updated
> it.

at 2:29 PM, Ufuk Celebi <
> >> uce@apache.org

at 7:35 PM, Stephan Ewen <

Requests to merge:

LocalizableSplitAssigner prefers splits
> with

[FLINK-1304] Test for HadoopInputWrapper
> and

addon to HBase 0.98.x and new Tuple
> APIs +
merged, there are a few POM entries