flink-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Metzger <rmetz...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commits for next release
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 12:34:48 GMT
I agree with Ufuk.
I'm uncertain if its a good idea to delay the 0.8.0 for these "last minute"
streaming features.
I have the impression that the current master is really stable and very
well tested. If we now bring in some prototypes and last minute features,
we probably end up discussing a 0.8.1 bugfix release in two weeks.
I would prefer a 0.8.0 release asap because it has already been way to long
with the issues unfixed in 0.7.0. Also, if the graduation is going to
happen soon, we'll be unable to release for two weeks or so because INFRA
has to transfer us to new namespace (mailing lists, website domain, release
spaces, ... )

As a general lesson from this discussion, we still have to improve our
communication to get a better mutual understanding of what we are working
on. I'll create a wiki page today that contains a roadmap of the features
we are working on.