flink-dev mailing list archives

From Zihong Cao <wilsonca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need some help to implement the outer join operator
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 13:11:51 GMT
Hi Fabian,

It is very helpful of your response! But in order to make sure I understand correctly, I put
my pseudo-code here first:

class OuterJoinCoGroupFunction implements CoGroupFunction<Tuple2<String, Integer>,
Tuple2<String, Double>, Double>{

    @Override
    public void coGroup(Iterable<Tuple2<String, Integer> > iVals, Iterable<Tuple2<String,
Double> > dVals, Collector<Tuple2<Integer, Double> out){
        Set<Integer> ints = new HashSet<Integer>();

        for (Tuple2<String, Integer > > val : iVals){
            ints.add(val.f1);
        }

        if(ints.isEmpty()){
            ints.add(NULL);
        }

        for (Tuple2<String, Double> val : dVals){
            for (Integer i : ints){
                out.collect(new Tuple2(i, val.f1));
            }
        }
      }
  }
The code above try to builds the matching pairs and if one of the group is empty, I append
the NULL value to it. However, I don’t really understand how to implement the OuterJoinMapFunction.

I am also puzzled about how the Reduce/GroupReduce translated into Map -> Reduce. Where
can I found the materials or the source code about this?

Best,
Wilson.