flink-dev mailing list archives

From Manu Kaul <manohar.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Introduction
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 11:01:09 GMT
Hi All,
I shall be joining DIMA as a Senior Researcher from
Tuesday 4 Nov onwards.

I have more of a background in C++ (for OO) and languages like
SML and Haskell (for FP). So I am learning the Scala syntax at
the moment.

I came across the following improvement request:

Seeing that I have not yet had a chance to look at the Scala API
and internals of Flink, would it be ok for me to work on this improvement
or is this part of a bigger change? I see that most of the aggregation
functions will anyway need a major overhaul, so I am not sure if this
change also falls under the same ambit?

I think the idea might be to return more data from the first function so
that the next function in line in the composition has more to take as
input. I am not sure if there are many users already using Flink
because such a change would obviously break a lot of code.

If this issue has other dependencies that I am not seeing at the
moment, then please feel free to suggest some other Scala related
change.

Thanks,
Manu

--

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.