flink-dev mailing list archives

From Vasiliki Kalavri <vasilikikala...@gmail.com>
Subject Samoa on Flink
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:59:31 GMT
Hello everyone,

Last week at Strata, I attended a talk about a streaming machine learning
framework from Yahoo labs, SAMOA: https://github.com/yahoo/samoa. The
project is going through apache incubation application and currently runs
on Storm, S4 and Samza.

After the talk, I spoke with the guy that presented it and we both thought
that it'd be cool to port Samoa on Flink.

I'm writing about this here because I want to know your thoughts on this
and also because I'm not very familiar with the Streaming-API, so I will
need your input :)
I have already discussed with Paris and there is interest to pick this up
from some students at KTH as well.
As far as I understand, Samoa expects an API similar to that of Storm and
from there the integration should be pretty straight-forward.

So, do you think it would be feasible and -most importantly- worth it?

Cheers,
Vasia.