flink-dev mailing list archives

From Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it>
Subject InputFormat API and current scanned row count
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 08:37:47 GMT
Hi guys,

I was debugging an inputFormat and I discovered that there's no way to
understand how many records have been processed in a split.
So I added a counter in my input format incremented every nextRecord..do
you think adding something to similar like "public int
getProcessedRecordsCount()" to InputFormat interface could be useful?
Or are you going to manage this count stat from the caller of nextRecord?

Best,
Flavio